Wednesday, December 21, 2022

A busy day for us.....

 

Our Location: 

North of MM 4, Ogilby Road, Winterhaven, California

 

This morning started off with a walk back to the mountains for me. I crossed multiple arroyos and followed a hint of a path most of the way. I've been back in this area before but not for a few years. 

 

I kind of followed this path for a while this morning.

Those rigs are way back off of Ogilby Road.

Those same rigs from my vantage point later in my walk.

Some day I'm going to climb around over there.


I climbed to the top of the small hill above the hole you can see on the left.

 

Coffee time with the general folks and we made plans for a part of the day. Doug & Tom went one way and the three ladies went the other way. Propane proved to be difficult to get but eventually we managed to get one 30lb tank and one bbq filled/exchanged. Picked up groceries at the pick up spot, found the post office but didn't make use of it today. Back home in time for a happy hour. We had to borrow Tom for a few minutes to get the small bbq tank valve to turn, we just couldn't move it. Thanks Tom.

 

First I had to get through this arroyo. The rocks were flat but tilted, and very little sand.

It was actually easy walking here.

I wasn't alone! This person followed me all morning.

I've been here before but someone has cemented it again.

A small sample of things left inside.

 

We notice a truck bringing Doug and Yuma home from his walk, our friend Ivan  ( Road Trip ) dropped by for a visit. We were surprised to see him, we didn't know he was in the area. He joined us for happy hour with  Deb & Tom (Celebrating the Dance ) and Doug ( Miss Adventure Travels ) and Yuma.  We all said our goodnights as the sun was starting to sink in the sky and the coolness was becoming apparent. 


That's for a chimney I think.

I climbed up above the half building along these rocks.

Very soft rock, the wind and water seem to cause these.

Looking back behind this small foothill I'm standing on above the roofless stone structure below.


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. 


Those small white dots about center picture is our general location, we more to the right of those dots.

I know the sun is in the wrong place but I loved this view, almost eerie.

My friend Anita is on my mind a lot out here because she would know what causes this and what it means.

Tom, Deb, Riley, Doug, Ivan at Happy Hour at the Stinger Bee.


Until next time....


Take care, be safe, 


Deb



13 comments:

  1. Interesting rock cabin. Your walks back into the mountains reveal the rugged surface of everything. You do need to watch your footing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m always careful. I enjoy the walks, there is a lot to see if just look.

      Deb

      Delete
  2. What an interesting spot with all those trinkets and things. One really has to wonder who started it and the meaning of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve been there before but this time it looks like someone cleaned out all the old stuff and cemented a number of places. So many newer things left behind. It looks like something to break the wind and get warm or stay warm at night with the heat from the rocks acting as a heater overnight. I think it’s been there a long time.

      Deb

      Delete
  3. I should have been a geologist. I'm envious of your sun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend Anita is a geologist and I think of her often when I’m out here. I am enjoying the sun a great deal.

      Deb

      Delete
  4. Very interesting photos of all the rock formations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely. I’m always amazed at how quickly the terrain changes out here and the vast change as well.

      Deb

      Delete
  5. Enjoyed your arroyo/geology photos a lot. I wish I was in your position of owning a "pet" geologist who I could ask questions to. But can you get an entire sentence in normal English out of her -- without any unnecessary jargon? (grin)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita is my friend and I'm sure if I asked her she would be happy to explain it to me in terms I would understand. She's an amazing lady!! Glad you liked the photos.

      Deb

      Delete