Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Cool day but amazing sunrise.....




Our Location:  American Girl Mine Road, California

A very quiet night, slept well until around 3:30 AM PST, after that just kind of dozed off and on. You know what I’m talking about right? A little sleep, wake up, drop off for a few, wake up again. I finally just rolled out and grabbed the camera around 6 AM or so. Slipped out the door and started taking pictures. The sky was brilliant in its display. 

The beginning of sunrise...

I discovered what appears to be a mine shaft so I’m pretty certain we’re on American Girl Mine Road but of course I could be mistaken. However we know where we are and that is all that truly matters. A bit crisper this morning with a chilling wind from the north. It stayed a steady breeze pretty much all day long.

The colours were brilliant.

Riley and I headed out for a walk before 9 AM heading back toward the whitish hills in the back ground. Probably much bigger than hills when you get close to them but they don’t look too daunting from down here. We didn’t make it all the way but turned off before getting there. We were going cross country and so when we found a road we stayed with it and checked out some more fantastic spots as we went along. 

What appears to be a mine shaft, and of course home off in the distance.

About an hour we were out there walking around and at one point Riley decided she’d head back home but I came with her to ensure she made it. I don’t think she has good directional sense and I could see her getting turned around easily. Better that I just came home with her to ensure she arrived safe and sound.

It just continued to dazzle me.

Chatted with my sister as we approached the Igloo. We chatted about 20 minutes or so, catching up on the local news and such. She just finished putting up her Christmas tree and a few decorations around the place. Little to no snow around she said. Last night I talked with Dad and my oldest daughter Courtney. They both stated that there is no snow to speak of but that the day was a relatively nice one with a few more nice ones in the forecast.

And dazzled some more before it slipped behind the day's cloud cover.

Our daytime high reached 67F/ 19C but like I said with a chilly north wind so it didn’t feel like that even in the sun. A couple of neighbours moved out today, a few moved in and a few just moved spots. I noticed one that moved spots left and came back, I assume he went to dump and fill up with water. I may amble over there in the next day or two to find out where he went to do such things. It would be nice to know before we move on in the near future. 

The sun has risen but slipped behind the clouds. A stiff wind shows on the neighbours flag.

So there you have it, not much exciting but we enjoyed it. We sat inside and looked out for a while today as it was too nippy to sit outside but the views are amazing. Today’s pictures were all taken during sunrise this morning. You may be tired of them but I enjoy them!

Thanks for stopping by.

Until next time… take care, be safe,

Deb


6 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful area to spend some time looks like you are enjoying it there. You can get water at the rest area just west of there by the dunes and a free dump station in Yuma somewhere , or go to the Pilot Knob area just east at the gas station on I-8, you can dump and fill there for a fee,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank George. I appreciate the information. Always like to know where those things are available.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. Beautiful sunrise pictures. I know what you mean about the 'show' continuing. Just when you think you've taken your last photo.......they keep coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do indeed Patsy. Love those quiet times early in the morning, just me and the sunrise.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  3. You can never have too many sunrise (or sunset) pics in my opinion!! Sounds like a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Shirley, never too many sunrises or sunsets. They are certainly never the same twice and never boring.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete