Sunday, December 24, 2017

Merry Christmas .......



Our Location: Saddle Mountain BLM, Tonopah, Arizona

A bit warmer this morning and once the sun started to come up it warmed up quickly.  I lazed around in bed until just around 7 am this morning and enjoyed the quiet here at Saddle Mountain. I was outside chatting with my sister on the phone by 8 am, enjoying my hot chocolate outside. I will admit I put on my heavy jacket and a pair of thin gloves to keep my hands from aching. I was still in my jammies though.

We headed out along this roadway

Riley poked her head out doors a couple of times but just waved. When I finished chatting with my sister and headed inside Riley offered to make breakfast. Even pancakes if I wanted them. However I wasn’t really hungry so I thanked her but declined the offer of breakfast. I did however have an apple about an hour later. 
 
I circles this dome much higher up yesterday....

We chatted and discussed a few things and then spent about an hour reading. We headed out for a walk earlier than usual and ended up chatting with Doug, from California in a spot back behind us. Doug is new to boon docking and apparently Arizona and loving the sights and peace. We chatted for about 15 minutes before Riley and I continued on our walk. 
 
We headed across here from the roadway

We walked part of the road way and then took off cross country following a similar path as I went yesterday but we were much lower down and the going was much easier. It was a great walk, again it took about an hour and a half  but we didn’t rush and even though it was a bit of a stretch we both enjoyed it. I spent the afternoon outside in short pants, and a t’shirt, but only in the sun, the shade was too cool and I would need a sweater to sit there. Riley cooked lunch today and I was so happy to take the day off. I truly appreciate Riley’s taking over the kitchen today. We had of course a green salad, pasta, with a jazzed up pasta sauce, along with cheesy garlic bread. It was excellent.
 
Then along here....

During clean up my Dad called to wish us Merry Christmas and tell us about his plans and past events. Sounds like they had a great time at my brother’s house next door. All of the grandchildren and great grandchildren were there and except for Claudia all of the ‘partners’ made it as well. My sister in law Barb’s parents were also there for dinner and I have no doubt the meal was most excellent. Barb is an amazing cook. 
 
Holes in the side of the wash we climbed through..

So after clean up I headed out for a short walk to Courthouse Road and back. About a mile return I think. Don and Lilly have moved on and there is only 2 units on our little road now, us and one other unit. Three units in the back and one beside us, a number further away on the other roads to the east of us can be seen from our location. So it’s pretty quiet here with few people. 
 

Back home I grabbed my book, and the camera heading outside to watch the sunset. Riley came out and enjoyed part of it with me. A truly wonderful day we’ve had and the sunset was the cherry on top of an excellent day. 
 

A couple of notes to add to this Christmas Eve post. To all of those that read this post, we wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas. We hope you are enjoying the love of family and friends, be they near at hand or far away. From our Igloo to your homes, Merry Christmas one and all.
 

A happy birthday wish goes out to my great niece Miss Isabel. Miss Izzy turns 4 years old today. She is a delightful young lady and we know she’s had a wonderful day!!!
 

On that note, thank you for stopping by on this Christmas Eve. We hope you’ve had a wonderful day as well. Please feel free to leave a comment.
 

Until next time….take care, be safe, 


Deb & Riley

8 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you guys as well, Love the the weather is warming up the day days getting longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We are indeed watching the days get longer and enjoying every minute of it. The warmer weather will be a bonus, and actually now that the cold spell is over, the weather is just fine.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Merry Christmas Bill, Patsy and Clemson as well. We hope you have a fantastic day!

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas Deb and Riley and HRH.
    Enjoy this wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Patsy. We hope this day has been a wonderful day for you and yours as well.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  4. Wishing you both a Safe and Merry Christmas. Looks like your walks had you feeling good.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Merry Christmas to you Rick and Kathy as well. I'm enjoying getting back to walking, I've been a sluggard and just plain lazy for a number of months. Feels good to get back at it.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete