Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Cool, sunless lazy day.......



Our Location: Coyote Howls East, Why, Arizona

A very cool night, we closed all the windows and vents as the temps dropped as quickly as the sun last night. Waking up around 6:15 am it was definitely chilly in the Igloo. I read blogs, commented and surfed the  net a bit before finally slipping out from under the warm covers just around 7:30 am. Making myself a nice cup of hot chocolate I simply sat and read until Riley made her appearance a little after 8 am. 

Hurd's Harbour here in the desert

We decided it would be a relaxing day and we'd do very little today. We've been going for a few days straight and it's time to recharge a bit. With the overcast sky and much cooler temps I think it's a wise choice. 

Some Hurd's Harbour visitors, or residents perhaps

So today we did nothing, except walk up to the clubhouse and exchange some books. We stopped and chatted with George and Suzie for a few minutes on our way up, I asked them about staying on some BLM land further north and amazingly they haven't been there. So I'll be certain to let them know what we think of it. 

Don't you just love these things?

A quick trip to the dumpster and that completed our outings today. Riley cooked today, a nice one dish meal with sausages, rice, veggies and tomatoes. It was good but too spicy as I had picked up a can of diced tomatoes with green chilies and hadn't noticed until it was time to use them. Riley also bakes some blueberry muffins this morning. Seems like it was her day in the kitchen! 

You have to admit, it's creative.
After I finished writing this post, the skies partially cleared, the sun came out and the remainder of the day was a bit brighter than the earlier hours.

So on that note I'll leave you with a few pics from around the campground here.  Thanks for stopping by, feel free to leave a comment. 

Until next time, take care, be safe....

Deb

4 comments:

  1. All in all it was not too bad of a day nice to just kick back and take it easy. Love those signs around here. That Cactus is and Organ Pipe cactus that you can enjoy hundreds of then down the road at Organ Pipe National Monument.
    A nice chat with you guys was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These kinds of days are definitely need for us. Time to recharge a bit. Truly I'm just enjoying the various kinds of cacti. Nice chatting with you folks as well.

    Take care, be safe,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those days too, I think it is why God gives them to us. To do inside things. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like 'em too. They give me time to recharge and just enjoy life.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete