Monday, April 15, 2024

We’ve moved sites….

 

Our Location: 

Valens Lake Conservation Area, Flamborough, Ontario

Site # 144


We both slept really well last night. I will admit the tree coverage here makes it darker, plus our tinted windows adds to the dark.  By 11 am we were out walking the roads looking for a brighter site. We found several we liked better than the dark, sloped site of #175. I drove up to the office to ask about moving to one of several other sites, however the only one available for our whole stay is #144 , which worked fine, it was on my list. It has some sunlight but is much less in the trees, more level and just a nicer spot. Not first on the list but not last either. In less than 45 minutes we were packed, hooked, towed, parked, unhooked and set up.  We are happy once again.


As you can see things are very tight in Valens Lake Conservation Area.

A boardwalk over a fast flowing stream.


The new heater connection works great, we used it this morning for the first time. It heated the Igloo fabulously. We do need to find a way to keep the heat downstairs though. In Igloo 1.0 we had a curtain that we could hang at the bottom of the stairs, it worked great. We will have to figure out something for this rig as well.


Auston walking the beam.

Riley and I headed out this afternoon to spend more time with Bradey and the boys ( this of course means David, as well as Auston and Lincoln). Auston is taking gymnastics and we thought we would go watch. Yesterday we offered to pay for whatever take out they wanted for dinner tonight, and it was delicious. From a little Greek place near by, it is one of their favourite places.


Lincoln enjoying a sucker.

A very Happy Birthday to my brother Rick, he celebrates tomorrow, the 16th but I may not write a blog tomorrow so I will get my wishes in today. Rick is of course, my oldest and only brother. He lives next door to my dad, in what once was my Granddad Bill’s house. It no longer resembles that house, but the old house is still part of it. Rick is a generous, kind, helpful fella, always helping someone. He has a quick smile, is blonde, and blue eyed like me. Although I’m sure his blonde is white, while I’m still blonde! Happy Birthday brother! Below are some his first creations over the winter, all scrap metal, parts and pieces.






Happy Birthday wishes to cousin Daisy, celebrating today.  Daisy and my father are first cousins, his mom, her dad, were siblings. Daisy and her husband Robert are fabulous people, very active and community oriented. They live just a little down the road from our summer spot.





Thanks for stopping by, I won’t be posting everyday until we start travelling again, which should in 5 or 6 days. We still aren’t back to home dirt yet, another 380 miles/620 km. We will break the trip into at least 2 days, possibly 3. We shall see.


Until next time…..


Take care, stay safe,


Deb



8 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to get a new spot, we wouldn't want a couple of unhappy campers out there! Your brother has some very cool creations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We felt like we were perched on a cliff, the front of the rig was so high to make it level. With the coming rain I was concerned with a wash out and so we opted to move. We are in a much better location, although mud may be the next issue with the rain coming. lol. Staying in the Greenbelt has its trials.
      My sister has been the crafty one, but brother Rick has shown a hint from time to time. Now that he has retired I suppose he’s starting to clean out the little out buildings and the garage, realizing just how much junk he has and is finding a way to use it up. lol.

      Deb

      Delete
  2. I had a friend that used to make clocks out of old metal parts. Pretty cool what your brother can create. I've been "perched" a couple of times and it's not fun. Glad you found a site to move to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother is a man of hidden talents and known talents, but I must say, he certainly surprised me.
      We didn’t like the perch and feel much better on the flat.

      Deb

      Delete
  3. Love the metal projects. He is very talented. I can tell you and your brother are alike. Both helpful to others where you can be.
    Enjoy your stay. I prefer sunny spots too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back to Canada! Hopefully your new site is better and gives you some sun. Wow you brother is talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We are enjoying this spot a great deal more. Brother is indeed talented.

      Deb

      Delete