Friday, April 5, 2024

A short day today….

 

Our Location:

Empty Store Front, Greensville, Texas


We had a plan that it veered a bit off course today, but that’s okay, we liked it anyway.  I will admit the sleep last night wasn’t the best, lots of noise at the Walmart in Mineral Wells. We weren’t in a hurry this morning and entered Walmart to get a few things. I asked a few local fellas what they thought of our plan to continue north to Jacksboro and cross the top of Dallas on US 380. They thought it was a bad idea, so we took their advice and motored along US 180 to Weatherford, back on to I-20 East, connected to I-30 around 10 am at Ft. Worth and rolled along through Ft. Worth, with one slow down, into Arlington, with another little slow down, into Dallas with a big slow down and managed to come out the other side at 11:45 am, unscathed, laughing and feeling pretty good. Traffic was actually pretty light and except for the usual “ lane ends get over” but nobody does until everything is at a stand still crap, everything went very smoothly. We arrived at our current location around 12:30. 






We travelled approximately 130 miles/209 klms, using approximately 13 gallons/49 litres, averaging around 55 mph ( not including slow downs), we travelled approximately 3 hours. Due to some hilly country starting off, and stop and go in a few places, some city driving, 10 mpg isn’t great but not bad. 


Rock wall means you are either just about to start or have just finished driving in Dallas.

Rockwall is just to the east of this body of water.


Warm sun, no breeze, and not a cloud in the sky, we are content here. I am even charging the battery for good measure. 


Until next time…..


Take care, stay safe,


Deb



14 comments:

  1. As long as you came out the other side unscathed that is what counts. That "lane ends move over" sign is code for speed ahead and someone will let me in...lol Continued safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol…. You see, I’m the one can read the signs, silly me.
      The trip through was good, I think I may enjoyed it a little. lol.
      Thanks.

      Deb

      Delete
  2. Even though you try, it's not always possible to get a good night's sleep in any parking lot.
    Stop and go driving is all part of the process.
    Safe Travels and Enjoy your time away.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleep isn’t one of my strong points anyway, I often have less than 6 hours a night. It is just a fact of being me.
      Slow downs are part of diving, and I enjoy driving. Often times it makes things easier, everyone has to slow down, not just the big folks.
      Thanks.

      Deb

      Delete
  3. We understand the veer off course, glad it all worked out. Continue safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Better to miss all the bad weather. Taking it easy is more relaxing and more fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will be having some rain but we can’t always have sunny skies. We would get complacent. lol.

      Deb

      Delete
  5. Glad you had a great driving day! Nice and short, just the way I like it unless we're on a Mission! Seems to be the way it's been lately, but gotta squeeze in a trip when we can. :) Hate being anywhere near Dallas/Ft.Worth! Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We like short days too, and we do have a mission but it’s not written in stone and we are changing it up here and there.
      Truthfully, I didn’t mind the drive through there, the traffic was pretty light considering it was a Friday. Pick a lane and only move when necessary, drive at the speed you are comfortable at ( city is speed is between 55 and 65), there are other lanes they can use to go around. We stayed pretty close to 55 mph when the traffic was rolling along. It was less busy than expected.

      Deb

      Delete
  6. We can't do much about this slow downs but laugh. Glad you got settled and had a short day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, we cannot do one thing about the slow downs, and they don’t bother me, it’s the fools that need the last inch before they can get over that annoy me. I will say it is much worse with Ontario drivers doing that, than US drivers. I also find US drivers much more courteous than Ontarians. Putting my signal light on in Dallas had folks letting me in quickly, in Toronto I would almost have to push them out of the way. lol.

      Deb

      Delete
  7. Nothing wrong with a short day once in a while. Especially when you are dealing with city traffic!

    ReplyDelete