Monday, October 30, 2023

We moved a short distance today….

 

Our Location:

Beamsville, Ontario 


Again no pics, sorry just didn’t take any. Riley and I had an errand this morning before we packed up, lifted feet and moved the wheels. We headed out of Olympia Village Rv before 1 pm and had wheels stopped within 45 minutes at Beamsville. We will be here a couple of days and hopefully then will turn ourselves around and head toward Detroit, Mi and from there run southward for a day and after that southwesterly for a bit. 


The weather is cold, damp and rainy. High temps were about 7c/45f. We won’t talk about the low temps. Nightly calls to dad has us feeling warm in comparison. Things are very quiet on The Rock and the darkness is descending earlier every day there.


Yesterday Riley and I did a bit of shopping, visited Bradey and the boys for a couple hours and then headed back to the Igloo. Our final visit of the year.it was nice getting a few hours with them all.


I doubt there will be a post tomorrow, we will be busy again.I promise more pics in the future posts. Hoping our next post will have us at least heading for the border if not already across.


A quick question to fellow fulltimers calling Ontario home for 6 months, whom do you have full time insurance with? Wayfarers has ceased offering the coverage since being bought out. I’m struggling to find a new company. Any help would be appreciated.


Thanks for stopping by….. until next time….


Take care, stay safe,


Deb



17 comments:

  1. Busy times getting ready to run for the sun?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sir, it is and we are hoping to be heading to warmer temps very soon.

      Deb

      Delete
  2. Getting close to heading south and another winter on the road. If you are going to be anywhere close to Bloomington, Illinois, I would love it if you and Riley could stop by and meet Dolly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would love to meet Dolly, however we will be dropping straight south until we are past Cincinnati. I’m tired of the cold damp weather. Maybe next year.

      Deb

      Delete
  3. Or if you are anywhere near Rapid City you could swing by here! Just kidding, you want nothing to do with our weather right now. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks but we are running south as quickly as the Dogsled can run. Lol

      Deb

      Delete
  4. A short move ... but in the right direction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and no, we will be backtracking for a bit, we always cross in Detroit. So going under the lake is not appealing to us.

      Deb

      Delete
  5. Deb, we just had ours renewed for both car and truck. Wayfarer is the broker, but the insurance is thru Scottish York.
    Our trailer insurance is not due until spring.
    It's thru Wayfarer, insurance company is Aviva.
    Didn't know of them not insuring us any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too have mine there but was informed today that since Orbit has taken over they no longer will insure full time living in an RV. I’m assuming when the renewal comes up it will no longer be offered. They also informed me that any trailers pulled by the truck will not be covered for anything except liability unless it has a separate policy. I’m struggling to find a company that insure full time RV living. They gave me until the 15th to find insurance, after that I have none. Always interesting, isn’t it? Lol

      Deb

      Delete
  6. Not good news I’m afraid; contacted my old broker of many years who handled our boats & RVs— knows of no Canadian insurance firms that will handle your situation due to too many frivolous claims & now not worth it.Suggested perhaps someone out west might have a recommendation.🥵

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few more folks that will be getting back to me and hopefully they have some good news. We shall see what happens. Thanks for info.

      Deb

      Delete
  7. Wow, I cannot even think of how to put into words what I think of your insurance company. Well I can but I do not put those thoughts in writing. Hoping you find the solution quickly..🙏🤞🙏.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I’m working on a couple of things. I’m sure there is a solution, I just have to find it.

      Deb

      Delete
  8. Insurance...bad words! We had a problem last year with our homeowners insurance. I won't go into details but it was a stressful time.

    ReplyDelete