Thursday, September 7, 2023

A walk around part of the farm.....

 

 

Our Location: 

Summer Spot, Manitoulin Island, Ontario, Canada

 

I took a walk around part of farm the other morning and found some interesting things to photograph.  I hope you enjoy them. 

 

I found the warbles in the trunk of this young birch tree to be interesting.

These leaves are now starting to turn just a day or two after I snapped this photo.

 

The top to pics show how the spruce trees are dying and the skeletons they leave behind. The bottom left picture was taken on my way to morning coffee at Dad's around 6:30 am, you can see the webs in the grass and the heavy dew makes them show up easily. The bottom left is a picture of the dew dropping from the branch of a cedar tree, also on my walk to or from coffee.


As you can see there is colour popping in many places.


Colour is showing everywhere!!

 


A few old cars hidden in the bushes here and there. The farm belonged to my great grandfather at one time and so the cars were definitely driven by the family. A great deal of the chrome is still shiny and amazingly fabulous. I'm sure with a little spit and polish it would shine like it was new!!
 


Some of the many paths in a small portion of the farm. Many of them were once the main road that twisted and turned across a corner of the farm. Some are paths from the dirt bike era of my nephew riding as a kid, and the cattle that pasture here have been following them as a means to get around. 



The paths are becoming overgrown and yet we can still see them and use them with quads and our feet! 
 
 
Looking up and down the fence line, and a few more over grown paths.
 
 
 
Evidence of death on the farm.
 
 
 Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed a glimpse of the farm. 
 
Until next time....
 
Take care, stay safe, 
 
Deb
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures Deb....is this the land where you grew up?
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up in a house beside this property, the land was owned by my great grandfather for many years, sold but my father bought it back many years ago.

      Deb

      Delete
  2. Wonderful photos, Vern

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, if those cars, trees and entire property could talk. I love this time of year, thanks for sharing your pictures of early autumn in your neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a beautiful area at all times of the year but the fall makes it seem magical in some way. The winds whisper through the trees and one can almost imagine voices of times past if they listen hard enough! I'm glad you enjoyed a glimpse.

      Deb

      Delete
  4. A beautiful area in which to spend your summers! It is surprising how the chrome still shines :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beautiful here in all the seasons but fall brings a magic of it's own to our views. I'm tempted to polish a piece one day, I wonder what it would look like compared to the rest! Maybe a project for next summer.

      Deb

      Delete
  5. Great pictures, Deb! Thank you for sharing the joys on your walks.

    ReplyDelete