Monday, July 3, 2023

Happy Canada Day, Happy 4th of July....

 

 

Our Location: 

Near South Baymouth, Manitoulin Island, Ontario, Canada

 

Hello, I hope all of our fellow Canadians had a joyous Canada Day and the our US friends all have a grand 4th of July tomorrow. 

 

We call these Devil's Paint Brush.

The road sides are brilliant with colours!

Tiger Lily.

There is beauty here!

 

Things have been pretty hot and humid here on our Rock. We have a fire ban for the entire Sudbury, North Shore, Manitoulin Island region. It has been in place for about a month now and it doesn't look like it will end any time soon. No rain in the forecast! 

 

From a distance this looks just white. Queen Anne's Lace!

Wild Strawberries.

Wild Roses.

A large patch of wild roses.

We've been busy working (our little summer jobs), doing some work around a summer spot, getting caught up with family, and appointments, etc. I have been trying hard to keep up with your blogs but I will admit I don't read them everyday but I do comment from time to time. It's nice to see most of you home and keeping busy! I have enjoyed the views of the travelers that have ventured out during the summer season. Thanks for sharing them with all of us. 

 

Morning dew is often very heavy.

A small patch of wild strawberries.

I love the vibrant colour.

It's not in bloom yet but it's promising.

 

Birthday wishes to sister Jan (June 25). A great sister and wonderful friend. We chat often and visit back and forth on a regular basis. The winters are spent catching up on the phone and visits tend to be long! Birthday wishes also to co-worker Amanda (June 22). A nice young lady that loves cats and dogs. She is foster mom to more than a few cats! Happy Birthday to Uncle Percy (June 24). He is actually my great uncle, half brother to my grandfather! Happy Anniversary to brother Rick and his beautiful bride Barb (June 23). We spend many mornings with coffee cups in hand and it's something I miss over the winter months! A special note of kindness from my Uncle Don, he and his lovely wife Joan granted us use of their Suzuki Quad runner for our stay here. Very kind and we appreciate it very much.

 

Today's photos are of various flowers along the roadside! I hope you enjoy them. 

 

Until next time...

 

Take care, stay safe, 

 

Deb

 

 

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for the photos and the wild flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. The flowers wave in the wind as I pass by and they are eye catching.

      Deb

      Delete
  2. Happy Canada Day and as always thanks for the post. Vern

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vern. I appreciate the good wishes. I hope your summer is going well there in Idaho.

      Deb

      Delete
  3. Hope you had the chance to enjoy Canada Day.
    Your photos show the beauty of nature.
    To bad about the Fire bans but understandable.
    Stay Safe and Enjoy your time on the Rock.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope you folks also enjoyed the Day! There is beauty everywhere if we only take the time to see it. The fire ban is still in place even though the ban has officially been lifted for Ontario but our municipality is keeping it in place for now. We need some rain, please send some our way!!

      Deb

      Delete
  4. Good to hear that you are doing well and keeping busy. Hope that the fire smoke isn't too bad. Also hope you get some rain soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the shoulder improves quickly. We have had some problems with smoke but lately it's been clear and we are enjoying the great air quality. We hope for rain but it will be a while I think before we get enough to make any difference. Enjoy your summer!

      Deb

      Delete
  5. You mean you are not just sitting at your computer waiting for someone to post a blog so you can read it?!?!? Unbelievable! Love all the wildflower pictures, there is so much cool little things like that to see, one just needs to slow down and enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's a shocker but I actually do get off my duff and do some work from time to time and that cuts into my reading blogs about Jethro and Bambi and friends. LOL. I'm glad you are enjoying the pics, sharing the beauty of my summer home is new for me!! Enjoy the snaps!

      Deb

      Delete
  6. Beautiful flowers!! Glad to year you are doing well. A late Happy Canada Day and Happy Fourth!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Happy Belated 4th to you as well. I'm happy to see you travelling and getting things accomplished. I loved the Rat in the Oven blog! I have to admit, I shivered, I laughed, I shivered again.

      Deb

      Delete
  7. Of course you have a fire ban ... it's because you chopped up all that firewood :-) We had one for about two weeks and then they cancelled it but I'm expecting it back on any day now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter wood, but no fire for roasted wiennies so far! LOL.

      Deb

      Delete
  8. I'm late reading as well but so nice to hear from you.
    Wildflowers slipped by my appreciative eye as a younger person but i love them too!
    We'll try and send rain, our fire ban has ended a while ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always behind. LOL. I often read two or three days worth at a time as I'm getting busier these days.
      The wildflowers are beautiful. Like you I also missed the beauty as a younger person. I'm glad I am able to see their beauty now. Better late than never I guess. LOL.
      Rain would be nice!! We aren't holding our breath though.

      Deb

      Delete
  9. Love the flowers. Happy to hear all is well with you and Riley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elva. I am enjoying the flowers too. I'm trying to keep posting on occasion.

      Deb

      Delete