Friday, April 17, 2020

A few photos....




Our Location: 
Summer Spot, near South Baymouth, Ontario, Canada

(I uploaded the photos again, I'm not sure why they didn't load the last time, they looked fine in the preview. Hopefully this works.)
Well below seasonal norms is the way the weather folks are talking about our stretch of weather for another week or two, possibly into mid May. However, they are guessers and we shall see how well they guess. 

We have been puttering around for a few minutes each day but really not accomplishing anything of note. We spend a great deal of time looking out wishing it was warmer and less windy but soon that shall not be the case, or at least we hope!  Soon we hope to be putting out our summer stuff and clearing up some of the mess left behind by winter but until we get some warmer, drier, less windy weather, we'll just have to keep looking out and wishing, and hoping, and.......you remember that song right? 

A few photos, all taken with my phone so forgive the blurry ones please. 

 We refer to this area as "The Green" and although you can't see it, the whole area is covered with frost and sparkling in the sunlight. 




 You can see the small slash of sunlight on the path. 




Water frozen in the ruts off at the side of the path. 




If you look carefully you can see at the very edge where I broke the ice and the water bubbles under the rest of the ice. The heavy frost on the area around the water is also evident. 


 The small line shows where I melted the frost on the lumber. Everything was white and sparkly this morning.



We refer to this as the frog pond, although it's used to water the cattle that roam free here from the long weekend in May until after we leave in mid October. As you can see it's frozen at the outer reaches and a very dark blue indicates where the water is deeper.  One couldn't walk on this ice, it's paper thin.



 A bit of snow here and there still.



 Ducks on the water at our favourite swimming place.



 Way over there across the water is the reservation known as Wikemikong, (Wick- quem- i- kong) however everyone simply calls it Wiky. 



I know the photo is blurry but I wanted to show you folks that patch of dark blue out there. I haven't been to the village of South Baymouth yet but I'm guessing that very dark patch of blue is either ice or very very frigid waters coming into the bay from Georgian Bay/Lake Huron. You can easily see the colour difference. It is against the far shore which is the Wiky shore. If I had visited the Village I would know if it was ice or water as that flows directly past the Village and the ferry docks. 

 So a few photos that I've managed with my phone while taking a short walk this morning. One of these days maybe I'll carry the big camera but then again, it may just be a wishful thought. 

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you are all well, healthy and not suffering from social with drawls or cabin fever. Remember folks, we are all in this together. Let's keep our cool, behave ourselves, and respect each other. 

Until next time....take care, be safe, stay healthy, 

Deb

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the photos. It's interesting to see your home area. You do have a very nice swimming hole and the "blue" was interesting. Hope you are staying warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed them Elva. We do have a great little spot to swim during the hazy lazy days of summer and we take advantage of it often, or at least Riley does more often than I do.
      We are indeed staying warm, not as warm as you folks out there in that California area but warm by Canadian standards at least.

      Take care, be safe, stay healthy,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the "blurry" iphone photos. They looked good enough to me....I can see what's happening there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Judith. I find the phone pics okay unless I try to crop or zoom them in, they then usually become blurrier than I'd like to post. Actually not much is happening here, it's very quite and spring is very slow to arrive. Most of the snow is now gone but a bit still lingers here and there in the shade. We are hopeful of spring flowers and leaves along with some nice warm days.

      Take care, be safe, stay healthy,
      Deb

      Delete
  3. Those were pretty darn good pictures. You are parked in a beautiful place. This time of year all comes back quickly reading your blog. Those days of will it ever just get warm for crying out loud. Then we would have a morning like you described were everything sparkles like fragile crystal in the early morning light and for a short time all I would think about was the beauty of it. Before going back to encouraging Spring to actually join us...lol Take care and stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are parked in a very nice location, we have some great views and are pretty protected from most of the cold winds and with the amount rocks around us, things are warmer here than in many places as long as the sun shines at least.
      How easily we forget but how quickly we remember too. Like you I enjoy the twinkle of the frost but the reality of a cold day soon sinks in and I"m wishing for less twinkle and more heat. However we know it will come and we will try to enjoy it to the fullest when it does.

      Take care, be safe, stay healthy,
      Deb

      Delete
  4. Awesome pics Deb..but a few of them didn't come through this morning or right now..must be our internet I guess :( ..Enjoy you two! Hopefully Spring will be here sooner rather than later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley. After I read your comment I went back to check and they didn't load for me, so I uploaded them again, hopefully that helps. Although when I read Ivan's blog this morning most of his didn't show up either so perhaps it's not just my uploading that is a problem.
      We are wishing for warmer days, they don't have to be hot but above the freezing mark in the day time would be nice. We are looking at around 18F for a low over night in the next few days, with the high including the wind chill to be right around the freezing mark. A bit cold in my opinion but we will survive, it's only another couple of days to worry about HOPEFULLY. Haha.

      Take care, be safe, stay healthy,
      Deb

      Delete
  5. Today Google is allowing me to comment. Just wanted to say that I am enjoying each blog post you write. April has been unusual all across Canada and mostly cold. I am still wearing a fleece top with a fleece jacket here in Kelowna. And there is a lot of snow up in the hills. It is pouring rain so sow will be falling up there. I think that that deep blue just might be ice. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. April has certainly been unusual, much colder here in Ontario than normal and we are hoping to drift quickly into warmer days. Hopefully spring comes soon all across Canada. I know we would welcome it!

      Take care, be safe, stay healthy,
      Deb

      Delete