Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Merry Christmas, more photos....




Our Location: Near American Girl Mine Road, BLM, CA
 
 Merry Christmas to all, we hope you've had an excellent day, doing whatever it is you were doing and if not being with those you wanted to be with, at least being with those whose company you enjoy. We spent a quiet day, made a garbage run, checked out American Girl Mine Road and took a bit of a drive, along with a bit of a hike. Nothing too much, just a wee one. 
 
 Those banks are pretty high over there. Can you see the road on the right side of the photo?


 I think the desert is an awesome place, and with views like this, how can you disagree?


A different view of the Valley of the Names. They just go on and on and on for miles. Interesting place for sure. 
 
The morning started with calls to and from Ontario, Canada as Christmas wishes were exchanged and all the gossip caught up. A phone call here in California to SIL Janet as well. 
 
The views go on for ever. Even into that haze over that, those peaks just keep going. 
 
 Doesn't that make you want to get out and hike, hike, hike? Climb to the highest peak and see what's on the other side? It does me.
 
So many arroyos or washes in the desert. Nothing is flat for long. 
 
Today's photos are more of my ride along with Jerry. I hope I haven't duplicated any photos, if I have, oh well, I liked them enough to show them again.  Thanks Elva for correcting my mistake in yesterday's post. I remembered later that Jerry hadn't called them the Chocolate Mountains.
 
 
 We twisted and turned our way down, up, around, over, and thru some of those peaks.


 This pack was all from Oregon, according to their plates. Very colourful, you wouldn't miss 'em. They were parked at a pull off beside a marker explaining the Gold Mine at this spot.


 I bet you can tell we had to go around this deep wash. We went left and followed the folks in the above photo. They however were soon gone and we didn't see any thing more of them.


 The sky is huge, the views stretch for miles and miles. The haze gives one the impression they could see forever if you could only see past the haze.


 Yep, we drove thru this narrow gap and passed on the right of that big black mound up there. This used to be a rail line but the tracks have been removed and the way is skinny.



 The rail bed snakes around here and we followed it.


 The colour is awesome. It's nooks and crannies call me, telling me that this is the way to top, just follow me. I didn't do it but I could hear them calling.


 The road goes between here and Jerry squeezed us right along past this notch.


 I took a lot of photos of this area, so if I double up, I apologize. Don't you love the colour? Can you see the campground off on the middle left?


 Can you see it now? Just right the very middle of the photo.


 This was taken on our little hike. So we are much lower than the Jeep now.


 Fascinating colours, love that orange colour over there.


 Sand bars out there in the river would make boating a bit of a hazard, but that white sand over there looks inviting.           

 
 
Odd seeing this rock like formation sticking out of the sand. 


 All of this water and greenery smack in the middle of some of the wildest country around the area. 



 I love the tan colour of the reeds.



 We actually end up down in the edge of the river bed for a while.



 I love the shadows over there in the distance.



 Hard to believe that is sand, isn't it? We drove right past there. You can see the road going along at the foot of those towering sand walls.


 A picnic/rest area here after our drive along the river bed. I could certainly picnic here, how about you?


 Looking the other direction from the above photo. 


 And a little bit different angle of the above photo.


 Light and shadow does certainly make a difference in a photo.

 Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your Christmas Day and our continued ride along. 


 No where to climb there, you can only stand back and admire the wall.


 Now maybe you could find a way up there if you looked hard enough. Can you see all that loose sand? It would make it difficult to even get to the base of that wall. 
 
 
I think I'd like to climb the one on the left, I'll bet the view is fantastic. 
 
 
Until next time... take care, be safe, 
 

 Yep, we went up there.



 The road turned left just ahead. 
 
Deb
 
 
 
 

14 comments:

  1. Just beautiful pictures Deb. The colors are amazing and always great to see the mighty Colorado River in the back country. They really show what this country is all about. I loved them all. I have to find out where you went so I can take the same road. Are you up for a second trip as guide this time?

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doug. It's hard to mess them up. I would love to go again but I couldn't possibly give you directions, I doubt Jerry would be upset to go again, he likes it back there.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. I could see a lot of images and faces in the rocks and mountains and no they weren't saying anything to me ( because most were a sleep when you went past) Were there any bugs down by the water ? .Merry Christmas . Vern in Boise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I could see lots of images as well but you weren't watching or listening closely enough, they beckoned, they called, they whispered, in fact, they asked for you Vern. Nope, no bugs at the water or at least none that bothered us.
      I hope you had a wonderful Christmas back there in Boise Vern.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  3. I love that you're still taking us on your jeep ride! So so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Patsy. I seen that you and Bill also had a fantastic few days and a wonderful Christmas Day as well.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  5. Glad you both had the chance to Enjoy Christmas the way you liked.
    Be Safe.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rick. We do enjoy the peace and quiet of the desert.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  6. What fantastic pictures of what looks like a wonderful drive. We recognized a few of the spots but would love to know more about the roads you took. Beautiful!
    Merry Christmas to you and Riley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. I noticed that you folks had a great few days over this Christmas season as well. Truly I have no idea of the route Jerry took but I"m sure if you asked him he would be happy to tell you.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  7. Beautiful photos, particularly of the area of water and greenery. What a way to spend Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The views were amazing. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas Maebeme!

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete