Friday, April 27, 2018

A maybe connection...



Our Location: Buttercup Ridge, Roseneath, Ontario
 
(no pictures, they just won't upload)
 
I think I'm going to crawl in a hole and wait for Murphy to go away or at least mail him elsewhere. I'm tired of Mr. Murphy and his wily, sneaking ways. 
  
Thanks to Patsy for giving everyone an update. I am currently using my JET PACK but it has a faulty on/off button. So it works on occasion and not on other occasions. A new one is in the mail in the US to a friend who will then forward it on to me, since Verizon doesn't ship to Canada. Thanks Ron & Sharon. So for now I will try to use this on again, off again connection. So if it's off again, no concerns. 
 
Let me catch you up on our doings. We enjoyed our visit with Courtney & Matt, the weekend went by pretty fast.
 
Since then we visited the little city of Peterborough where we visited Kal Tire to do two things. First was to return the chocks Jake had forgotten, and second was to make an appointment to replace the two tires in question. I'll have them look at the third tire at the same time.Since we are heading through Peterborough on our way north we will stop at Kal Tire for the new tires. It's about 60 km/35 miles to their location so it only make sense to do it on our way through their little city. Our tentative appointment is May 3.
 
We also managed to do a major grocery shop while there and now we're pretty much set for the rest of our time here. We had a day and a half of rain which cooled us off a fair amount but the snow is now all gone, not even a hint anywhere that we can see. We can't however see into the forest very far, so there may still be snow there. The open grounds are muddy and soft but hopefully it'll clear up soon and dry out. Although I think it will take some time to dry out the corn fields here as they are extremely soft even to the step. 
 
I have managed to complete our laundry in the days this week as well as any from the house that needed to be washed also. I'm going to give the house a bit of a shine before we leave as well. Even though the cleaning lady will be coming before Janet and Dennis arrive home I don't want to leave any messes behind for anyone else to clean. 
 
I spoke with Janet a day or so ago as she called to chat for a bit. If any of you out there own a Mandeloin slicer please either get the mesh glove or get rid of the slicer. Janet is now hoping the glued on finger tips of two fingers will heal and not be lost. Not to mention the deep cut on a third finger. It is her right hand, which is her dominant hand of course. Daughter Courtney has had a few nicks and cuts from her own slicer which she still won't part with. Both Riley and I had cuts from ours before I threw it in the garbage when we lived in our Stix 'n Brix. Riley's was a minor cut while the stupid thing was in the cupboard and she moved it. Mine was a cut to the bone while washing the thing. Makes me shudder just to remember. 
 
The sun is out today and hopefully the temperatures warm up enough to dry out some of the mud and grass. It's too muddy even to walk on the drive way as it's pretty soft and it tries to suck the shoes off of a person. 
 
A quick note from my Buddy Ian way out in Nelson, BC had us chatting for a bit today. It was nice to hear from him again, it's been a while. Ian and I met while he lived in St. Thomas, Ont, a few years ago. He's an English fellow who has always managed to make me smile. He's also a helicopter pilot. Nice chap as they say!! Good luck Ian. 
 
The past few days we've managed to watch a bit of Hawaii 5-0, and read a few books, do some house keeping and even managed to cook a bit. We've been keeping out of trouble. 
 
So there you have it, we are all caught up now. Nothing exciting, just more of the same stuff. Hopefully we'll have some nice weather now and we can do a bit of yard work to keep us busy and perhaps even manage a hike if the trails dry up in time. 
 
A couple of quick notes to add.
 Belated Happy Birthday to my nephew Allan, who's birthday was April 21. 
Happy Birthday to another nephew Jesse who's birthday is tomorrow, April 28. Jesse shares the same birth date as his great grandmother Katie (his father's grandmother). Happy Birthday fellas!!!

Again, a thank you to Patsy!!!! I appreciate it very much.
 
So thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoyed your visit. 
 
Until next time.... take care, be safe, 
 
Deb

12 comments:

  1. No need for pictures, they just take away from your story telling ability. Glad you guys are back in the Great White North!! Safe Travels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind Mr. Green. Thank you.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. Glad you are slowly getting settled in and hope the ground dries up before you leave.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rick. We are settled in now for a while at least. I hope the weather continues to improve all through the province. I think we've all had enough of this stuff.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  3. You are very welcome, Deb, anytime!
    Nice that you have some sort of connection, it is great to hear from you.
    At least you are keeping yourselves busy and that is the main thing!
    Stay happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your help Patsy. I'm was a bit slow at thinking about that but better late than never. LOL.

      The connection is a faulty button, some days it works,some days it doesn't, some days it thinks it will, then it won't. You know how those things go.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  4. Nice to hear from you glad all is well and the snow is melting. Hopefully will dry up soon for you.
    Love Peterborough and that whole area we had a CTC home park north of there for 18 years, near Buckhorn and spent so much time exploring the area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks George. I also love the area. Years ago we used to come here for a day trip and just enjoyed the small town flavour and the beautiful views.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  5. So glad to hear from you and glad Patsy had given a heads up so we didn't have to worry anymore! Funny how we worry about blogging friends when we don't know what's going on. Oh that story about the slicer gave me chills reading it! I didn't know that about Verizon, ridiculous nowadays, but I'm sure they have no problem taking your Canadian dollars! Look forward to hearing from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley. It was wonderful of Patsy to be so kind. I know what you mean about worrying over folks that we make connections with in various places.

      The slicer gives me the chills even thinking about it. It's loves fingers.

      Verizon is always happy to take my many Canadian Dollars but I can't say they haven't always come through, it may not be fast but they usually get around to doing the deed. So hopefully we'll get this straightened out quickly. Although the new jet pack is going to my summer location address so I won't have it until I get there anyway. Hopefully this one keeps letting us connect for a few more days.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete
  6. Good to know that all is well except for Mr.Murphy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Contessa. I'm finished with him and would be happy to send him on if you would like him to visit.

      Take care, be safe,
      Deb

      Delete